Childminding is a rewarding and flexible career choice where you can work from home at times to suit you and your family.
If you would like a professional career helping children to learn and develop find out how we can help you to get started.
As a registered childminder you will:
- Offer children a safe learning environment
- Help children learn and develop
- Work in your own home, choosing the hours that suit you and your family
- Build your own business with the help and support of the local authority
If you want to help give children the best start in life, being a registered childminder could be the ideal job for you
Help to start up
All registered childminders have to:
- Be registered with Ofsted
- Hold an up to date paediatric first aid certificate
- Be DBS checked
- Understand and implement the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and complete training to support this as required
- Have appropriate insurance cover, including Public Liability Insurance.
For further information about becoming a childminder visit www.gov.uk/register-childminder-childcare-provider
For more details about becoming a childminder in Rotherham and the support available please contact the Early Years & Childcare Service on 01709 822429 or email email@example.com