Families Information Service


Paying for childcare

Would you like to use childcare? Or are you already paying for it? You may be able to claim back up to 70% of your childcare costs.

There are two kinds of tax credits which could help you pay for childcare:

  • Child Tax Credits—this is paid to people who look after at least one child. We can help you find out if you can claim for this
  • Working Tax Credit—this is paid to people who are employed or self-employed. We can help you find out if you can claim for this.

FIS can provide more information about claiming tax credits. Just call us, e-mail us or visit our Facebook page. 

You can also find out more about these tax credits at the HMRC website.  

If you aren’t entitled to help through Tax Credits, there is another scheme available to help with the costs of childcare for working parents called Childcare Vouchers, contact us for more information.


This part of the website is for you to make your own.

You can save your favourite activities so that they are only a click away or create a shortlist of childcare providers to help you compare and choose the one that suits really.

All you need to do is register below.

Create your account

Forgotten your password?